Warranty Terms & Conditions
This Warranty is between Auto Artisan Group (ABN 21 803 745 779); and end user of Auto Artisan Group’s products and applications (“Surface Film”).
This Auto Artisan Group Warranty applies only to Vehicles where the “Surface Film” has been purchased and invoiced from Auto Artisan Group or an authorised reseller within Australia and remains in Australia for the duration of the warranty period.
This Auto Artisan Group Warranty, together with its features described here-under, is secured by Auto Artisan Group and the manufacturer/s of the “Surface Film” to the extent that all the following conditions are met.
Further, the existence of this Warranty is subject to the performance of, and limited to, all of the items described in I to II following.
1. WARRANTY FOR SURFACE FILM
1.1. Warranty Period
The warranty period for the Surface Film is 5 years (60 months) vertical surfaces and 1 year (12 months) on Horizontal surfaces from the date of purchase or otherwise stated in the manufacturer/s product bulletin for the Asia Pacific region.
Vertical and Horizontal surfaces may cross over onto each other where as on Horizontal panels may be finished with vertical top edges and vice versa.
1.1.1 Installation Warranty Period
The warranty period for the installation of Auto Artisan Groups’ Surface Film is 12 months from date of installation. Warranty has been limited to 12 months, we are unable to police and monitor the care of the surface film once the product has been handed over into your responsibility.
1.2. Individual Product Limited Warranty
Auto Artisan Group warrants that each Surface Film will be free of the defects listed below and manufactured to the specifications described in the applicable Product Specifications or Product Bulletins in effect at the time of purchase.
- Physical Defects. Defects incurred during manufacturing, packaging or shipment.
- Manufacturing Defects. Visual, adhesive defects and defects that prevent using the product as described in the applicable Product Bulletin, including adhesion to the recommended substrates.
- Finished Appearance Defects. Defects such as excessive fading, discoloration, cracking, crazing, peeling, blistering, excessive dimensional change or loss of adhesion that makes the Surface Film visually unsuitable for its intended purpose when viewed in a typical environment.
1.3. Limitations of Warranted Durability
1.3.1. Product Misuse Limitation. This warranty does not cover Surface Film that is modified or damaged through improper storage, misuse, abuse, accident, vandalism, neglect or mishandling of processed or unprocessed products by any person.
1.3.2. Weathering Effects Limitation. Some degradation of materials over time is considered normal wear. Auto Artisan Group warrants that at the end of the warranty period, the Surface Film will be in commercially acceptable service condition from normal viewing distances and the Surface Film will retain its stated properties.
1.3.3. Recommended Wrap Film Maintenance
Try to treat the Surface Film like you would a custom vehicle finish. Aggressive or abrasive mechanical washing may cause premature lifting of the Surface Film edges and may affect the Surface Film appearance.
- Brushless car washing systems may be used. We recommend always going through the dry cycle to help avoid spotting on the paint or Surface Film.
- For the best results, hand washing is recommended using pH Balanced cleaners. Rinse well and immediately and dry the Surface Film with a soft squeegee and/or soft cloth to help restore the lustre of the Surface Film and avoid water spots.
- For the best results, keep vehicle/s undercover and out of the elements overnight. This is to prevent moisture build up on the surface which can carry fallout and contaminants into the pores of the film the following day.
- To remove tar and bugs, use a commercial cleaner designed for such use, but do not rub vigorously. Immediately wash with your regular cleaning solution, rinse with water and dry.
1.4. The Warranty Does Not Cover the Following
- Reasonable fading or wear over time, just as with the paint finish.
- Damage including abrasion, scratching, fading or loss of sheen due to aggressive cleaning
or using non-recommended cleaning methods.
- Damage from wax or other solvent containing products. See Recommended Surface Film
Maintenance, Section 3.3.
- Intentional or unintentional damage caused by humans, such as graffiti or picking at the edges; animal scratching or waste products; severe weather, such as hail or debris carried by the wind; spotting from hard water; pitting or scratching from normal road spray; off road driving; excessive exposure to salt that is not regularly cleaned off; or vehicle damage that results in Surface Film damage.
- Poor application, Applicator’s negligence, inappropriate applications that can put the film at high risk of damage or poor adhesion
- Damage to a substandard OEM substrate or finish, including paint adhesion failure or rust, which includes but not limited to motor vehicles and watercraft.
- Damage to a refinished substrate or finish that is not of OEM quality.
- Damage to any substrate or finish caused from damage sustained prior to the Surface Film application e.g. stone chips, and scratches.
- Physical damage or when the film has been applied to inappropriate substrates in which the Surface Film used is not recommended for that application.
- Damage to the vehicle during Surface Film removal. Professional Surface Film removal is recommended.
- A difference in appearance between the exposed paint colour or finish and the areas that were covered by Surface Film, if the Surface Film is removed.
- Transfer of warranty to a new owner of the vehicle.
- Failure to comply with the points outlined in 3.3. Recommended Wrap Film Maintenance
- No Extension of Warranty. In the case of an approved warranty claim, the replacement Surface Film carries only the remaining term of the original warranty period as stated in this Document.
1.5. Remedies and Limitations of Liability
1.5.1. Remedy and Limitations. Any claim for Surface Film failure must be made before the last day of the term of the warranty as stated herein. Auto Artisan Group and its representatives do not cover the cost of the vehicle owner’s time or inconvenience, rental of a substitute vehicle, or any other cost that may result in a warranty claim.
1.5.2. Claim Rejection. Auto Artisan Group reserves the right to reject any claim where Auto Artisan Group or its representatives cannot identify a specific cause of failure or where the failure is due to incorrect or improper application of the film or if it cannot be proven that the Surface Film was purchased from Auto Artisan Group. Auto Artisan Group reserve the right to investigate and perform extensive testing on any warranty claims.
1.5.3. Voiding of Warranty. The use of other 3rd party materials in conjunction with Auto Artisan Group preferred Surface Films will void any applicable warranty. e.g. A third party laminate used over an Auto Artisan Group Surface Film.
1.5.4. Liability. Auto Artisan Group shall not be liable or in any way responsible for any incidental or consequential economic or property damage, except where Auto Artisan Group is in breach of the guarantees provided to the Purchaser in accordance with Schedule Two of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or applicable legislation from time to time.
Auto Artisan Group reserve the right to request all or any items it deems necessary, including support documentation; to assist in the substantiation of any claim.
1.6.2. Submitting a Claim
To make a claim please contact Auto Artisan Group by phoning 1300 939 727 or email email@example.com
Auto Artisan Group reserves the right to change and update this warranty without notice.
1.7 PPF (Paint Protection Film) Specific Clause
We provide a 5 or 10 Year Warranty on all our Paint Protection Films. The warranty is determined by the material type chosen.
We warrant your film against yellowing, crackling or lifting and will replace any area of film that is on inspection deemed to not meet these criteria during the course of its warranty (from date of purchase/handover).
Of course, the warranty does not cover damage to PPF caused by accidents, collisions, intentional misuse, ordinary wear or damage caused by products or cleaners not recommended for use on PPF. As well as the warranty we provide clients with thorough After Care advice and documentation to help keep the car looking great for many years to come.
1.8 Workmanship Guarantee
All Auto Artisan installers are certified by product manufacturers we align ourselves with. Therefore, we are confident offering this 1-year workmanship guarantee. Should the product or service provided is defective due to poor workmanship, we will replace the service or product in question.