Let’s face it, re- painting a damaged vehicle is expensive, repairs also damage re-sale value of the vehicle.
Statistics suggest, you will lose an extra 5-10% value on your car if there is prior damages which have been repaired.
Even with re-sale of your vehicle, the next person can enjoy a peace of mind knowing the paint has been and is still currently protected by a strong self-healing film*.
AAG can protect your vehicle WITHOUT removing a single panel.
The clear film will not alter the way your vehicle is presented, and it is SELF HEALING.
PPF is also replaceable at any time if damage has occurred.
How do we protect your car without removing any panels?
Here at Auto Artisan, we use designated protection film templates specific for your choice of vehicle. See images below example of a Nismo GTR.
However, it doesn’t end here….
We are artisan’s, this means we will go above and beyond to ensure we find better ways to utilise the template. Alternatively, we are skilled and we can perform custom fit applications, otherwise known as “bulk fitting”.
We use reputable good quality brands such as Suntek Films and provide a film guarantee of 5 to 10 years.
Auto Artisan PPF Installation Process
Stage 1 – Inspection
- Vehicle comes in – general inspection for all exterior surfaces.
- We establish if the car is suitable for PPF as it stands or if it requires a pre application of paint correction due scratches or deeper marks.
Stage 2 – Full Clean and Re-inspect
- Vehicles receives full external detail with a clay bar using high gloss pH balanced detergent solution. We utilise a 2-bucket system to ensure utmost care of your vehicle.
- Then, we perform a post clean inspection to review for swirl marks.
Stage 3 – Advise or Proceed with Installation
- PPF can disguise the existing swirl marks, such as marks caused due to washing the vehicle. – If customer is aware, we will proceed with the installation.
- If deep scratches are present, we will call customer and recommend either a stage 1,2 or 3 paint correction.
Stage 4 – Decontamination & Preparation
- Next step is decontamination process, whereby we remove all contaminants with isopropyl alcohol, panel by panel.
- Then we mask any sensitive areas of the vehicles such as the headlights, window trims, plastic garnishes and more.
Stage 5 – Cut templates or Bulk-fitting
- We use software to find cut templates, if they are available.
- If there are no templates, we are skilled and we can provide custom installation, otherwise known as bulk-fitting.
- We prepare all cutting and preparation on a CWT (Cut-Work Table)
Stage 6 – Installation
- Now we can move to the full installation of our PPF.
Stage 7 – Quality Control Inspection & Handover
- Finally, we move to the Quality Control stage before the car receives final cleaning ready for return to it’s owner.
Stage 8 – Aftercare & Warranty
- Here at Auto Artisan, we only use premium products such as Suntek films. We offer manufacturers film warranty of either 5 or 10 years, depending on the product you choose. In addition, we offer a 1 year workman-ship guarantee.
- Please see the PPF aftercare section on a separate page.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PPF AND CERAMIC COATING?
Paint Protection Film (PPF) and Paint Coating are very different. Below are some quick explanations;
PPF is a clear film that is wrapped over the top of your paint. It’s purpose/abilities are listed below.
- Protect the original paint under the protective film
- Self healing
- Strong & durable
- Replaceable at any time if damage has occurred.
Ceramic Coating is designed to;
- Increase shine
- Create hydrophobic effect
- Provides greater ability to “buff out” damages
- Enhance UV protection to existing paint
- DOES NOT – stop stone chips OR stop anything that causes deep gouges or scrapes.
We do NOT use low quality films can discolour and turn yellow over time, or films that have the “orange peel” effect which minimises shine.
If you want cleaning to be a “thing of the past”,
Use PPF and Ceramic Coating together.
PAINT PROTECTION PRICING
Below is the average cost for Paint Protection Film (PPF)
1. COMPLETE Protection
- COST STARTS AT $4,500
- PAYMENT PLANS: $87 per week for 12 months (interest free)*approximate value*
2. Stone Chip Protection
- COST APPROX: $2,250
- PAYMENT PLANS: $45 per week for 12 months (interest free) *approximate value*
Inclusions: Front bar, front lip, mirrors, bonnet, front guards to be wrapped in PPF.
3. CUSTOM AREAS DESIGNED JUST FOR YOU
Price on application – we will tailor a package for you, 12 month interest free payment plans are still available.
These are general indicative costs. Cost may be subject to change per vehicle, please contact us to discuss the pricing specific for your vehicle.
WATCH, THE PPF APPLICATION PROCESS
Super car, super protected
Porsche 911 – 991 Carerra GTS
Black cars don’t need swirl marks in their paint – avoid it with PPF
A very special colour, that we need to ensure stays this fresh