PPF Aftercare Instructions
- Please do not wash your car in the first 7 days after installation, the moisture in between the film and the paint surface is still evaporating, the edges are also drying so that the adhesive can stick to the paint correctly. The use of shampoos will hinder the edges to set correctly.
- As mentioned above the first short period the film is curing, you may notice some bubbles or a slight haze in the film, but that is nothing to worry about as the moisture will evaporate through the pores of the film in the next 2-3 weeks. Bubbles can appear and disappear due to the wet method of installation.
- Once the film has cured, you are able to wash the car as normal (if possible use the 2 bucket method and a lambswool wash mitt), if using a pressure washer insure that you keep the spray lance at least 1 metre away from the surface of the film especially the edges as the pressure may lift the edge of the film.
- The best product to use on the film is PH neutral car care products, we do sell these products, please feel free to ask us!
- In the event you have bug splatter or bird droppings you should remove immediately as if left on; the acids in the dropping will etch through the self healing layer, coupled with the ambient heat produced by the car this may accelerate the process. The best way to remove the bug splatter is by using pressurised water from 1 metre away, the best way to remove bird dropping is by pouring warm water on the area; leave to soften for a minute then gently use a microfibre cloth only to wipe off.
- If you usually polish or wax your car on a regular basis there are some restrictions on what you can use on the film. Polishes that have abrasives may not be used on the film nor products that contain Petroleum or Solvents, these products will damage the self healing layer of the film and if solvents are used will remove the adhesive. Careful selection of products must be implemented andonly natural waxes like ‘Carnauba wax’ can be used.
- Do not use abrasive or resin based products as it can cause a haze to the surface of the film.
- Surface scratches and swirl marks in the film will heal over a period of time, if you needed to accelerate the process then pour warm water (not boiling) over the desired area, that will help the upper most layer of the film to morph back into its original state.
This is a brief explanation, please refer to the full warranty, terms and conditions found here. Full Warranty Page
- We provide a 5 or 10 Year Warranty on all our Paint Protection Films. The warranty is determined by the material type chosen.
- In addition to film manufacturers warranty, we provide a 1 year workmanship guarantee, which is effective as of the moment you take delivery of the vehicle.
- We warrant your film against yellowing, crackling or lifting and will replace any area of film that is on inspection deemed to not meet this criteria during the course of its warranty (from date of purchase/handover).
- Of course the warranty does not cover damage to PPF caused by accidents, collisions, intentional misuse, ordinary wear or damage caused by products or cleaners not recommended for use on PPF. As well as the warranty we provide clients with thorough After Care advice and documentation to help keep the car looking great for many years to come.
- For more information, warranty exclusions, full Terms & Conditions please contact us directly.